Community

Tornado Storage Solutions is proud to support its local community:

BBCchildren

BBC Children in Need is the BBC’s UK corporate charity. Thanks to the support of the public, they are able to make a real difference to the lives of children all across the UK.

They provide grants to projects in the UK which focus on children and young people who are disadvantaged. We are local to people in all corners of the UK and support small and large organisations which empower children and extend their life choices.

More information here: BBC Children in Need


Hospice

The Hospice of St Francis is a charity that provides professional support and care for people with life shortening illness. They bring peace, comfort and dignity to people and help them live life to the full, for whatever time is left.

The Hospice of St Francis is a registered charity receiving around 20% of its funding from the NHS. They rely on the generosity of our local community to fund the remaining 80% of our costs from various sources, including local businesses such as Tornado.

More information here: The Hospice of St Francis


IMG_7521
Abbots Youth Football Club has been running over the past fifty years, in the heart of Abbots Langley village.

They are committed to meeting the sporting needs of the children of Abbots Langley and as such we achieved recognition of Charter Status by the Football Association. Their base is now firmly established at Manor House Gardens in alliance with the Abbots Youth Cricket Club. We currently have teams playing competitive/friendly football every week from ages Under 7 through to Under 18, as well as a veterans section made up by some manager’s. The organisation supports over 130 boys and girls to play the game they love, and has grown over the past twevle years.

More information here: Abbots Youth Football Club


LeverstockLeverstock Green Cricket Club promotes the growth and enjoyment of competitive cricket at all age levels, by meeting the aspirations of Premier League standards and facilities and ensuring the continuous development of junior players.

The game of cricket was first played on a regular basis in Leverstock Green during the 1920’s. The team played regular Saturday matches until the end of the 1939 season, when, due to the outbreak of the Second World War, it was reluctantly forced to disband.

It was not until 1957, almost twenty years later, that several players from those early days, together with local residents both old and new managed to persuade the authorities to allow the ground to be used as a cricket pitch. This then became the new home of Leverstock Green Cricket Club.

More information here: Leverstock Green Cricket Club


sophie-ponsford-miss-charity-and-south-of-england2Tornado Storage Solution supported Sophie Ponsford in the Face of Europe and the World charity contest, which grand finale will be held in Disneyland Paris in May 2017. For the Face of Europe and the World contest, Sophie raised money for Headway, a brain injury association and rehabilitation center and was awarded Miss Charity for her outstanding contribution and Princess of South England.

More information on Face of Europe: www.faceofeurope.co.uk

Headway is a rehabilitation centre that promotes understanding and care in all aspects of brain injury and assists in helping people regain some normality and independence in their lives.

More information on Headway: www.headway.org.uk

Comments are closed